Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week #1 Check-In

The Good -- I'm down one pound to 253lbs.

The Not-so-Good-- My goal was to be down two pounds to 252lbs.

The Revelation-- I could have worse problems. At this rate I wouldn't meet my long-term goal but I'd still be 20lbs lighter than when I started.That's motivation. However, I'm now more dedicated to tweaking my diet and ensuring I stick to my training plans for both the Clear Lake Triathlon in two weeks and the Toughest 10K Galveston on 22 October 2011. Adhering to those regimens will keep me accountable to the exercise potion of my Total Body Makeover. I also plan to continue to add in P90X workouts as well to build muscular and core body strength.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my journey so far. I'm one week in and do not feel like I'm on a diet. I've not had any crazy cravings for bad foods nor do I feel like I'm depriving myself of anything. This, in and of itself, satiates me because if affirms that I'm taking the right steps to change my attitude about food as well as dietary habits. In the words of Charlie Sheen, "WINNING!"

I'm one day closer!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I'm inspired. I always wanted to be in a Triathlon but made excuses when I missed a workout. I finally started using a program called Calorie King and for a week, observed how many carbs, fats, etc. I was taking in. Through my observations with food and journaling my daily regimes, I found that I used food as a crutch. I was tired of buying shirts with more x's than a dirty movie =)as well as not feeling comfortable in taking pictures....it made no sense. I'm an actor and I don't want to take pictures. So the journey began and just today, I put on a shirt I have not worn in about three years. It's an XL but I'm going for the larges and with your help and motivation, as well as others, I know I can make it.

    Yes brother, we're one day closer! Keep up the great work =) ~Rob

    ReplyDelete